Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wood County Fair Quilt Show and Wedding Cakes

I was very happy to have the opportunity to go to the Wood County Fair Quilt Show.  Although I was disappointed about missing my sister, Jenny, (http://quiltcrazygaljennalouise.blogspot.com/) speak at the quilt show and Kelly of I Have A Notion (http://ihaveanotion.blogspot.com/2010/08/quilt-day-at-wood-county-fair-update.html); I seen a lot of wonderful quilts and visited with many quilters.  
The pictures below are the St. V's quilts that 4H kids and their adult mentors had started after Christmas.  I was honored to be one of the helpers for the day.  What a special gift to welcome a premature baby into this world!







If you're interested in learning more about St. V's quilts, please visit Jenny's blog that is posted above.  Just in case you're wondering why there are no names on the quilts--I retouched the photos so the kids and their mentors can have some privacy.

Now for the reason I missed Jenny and Kelly at the quilt show:  wedding cakes.  I had two wedding cakes to get done.  Both cakes have clear pillars and will be stacked at set-up.





There is also another smaller basket weave cake that is not pictured.  I also did a full sheet cake that had the basket weave pattern.  I sure had a busy week keeping up with all the orders at work.  Hope you're all having a fun summer.

Happy Quilting!


Kay Lynne

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those cakes are just gorgeous. I can see why you are kept busy.

The quilts are lovely.

Sandra said...

It is always inspiring to see young people giving of their time to help others. They all did a wonderful job on their quilts.

Love the basket weave pattern on your cake! Beautiful!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hmmmm, you couldn't just whip one of those cakes up in....oh say....20 minutes? Perhaps if you were "I Dream of Jeannie"....LOL.

Those cakes are beautiful. Your sister did a great job of inspiring others and it was fun to see your Mom too. What a great day.

Smiles,
Kelly