Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In & A Hawkmoth Hummingbird

Yeah--I finished my quilt Courthouse Steps quilt top!




This lap quilt is a special request from a friend.  I plan on sandwiching it together and machine quilting it before Christmas.

I also found a UFO that I had forgotten to finish.  There was only about 12 inches of binding to be sewn down!  So Friday night was the night to get it done!




I had sewn this wall hanging together many years ago when I worked at a quilt shop.  I have many projects like this one that I have the top together, but it needs to be finished.  When I was teaching at Machine & Needle, I found it extremely hard to finish a project when we were always trying to sew up samples to inspire our customers.  I am glad that I always bought enough fabric to finish the project :)



Please check out the picture above to see the Hawkmoth hummingbird that has been enjoying my flowers in our backyard.  I told a friend that works for the park district and he said that they are very rare in Northwest Ohio because of our climate.  This is the first time I have ever seen one in person.  This picture was taken just at dusk.  I didn't plan on the cement alligator being in the picture--it just happened that way :)

Happy Quilting,

Kay Lynne

2 comments:

Sandra said...

The lap quilt is really looking good! The hummingbird and the gator are both unusual for Ohio:)

Gra said...

Thanks so much for your comment in my blog. I want so bad to see how that machine works!!!I don´t really get it. Did you have to move the frame to free motion quilt???? And thanks for reminding me where that picture was taken. I saved the picture from the web but did not know where was that.
Greetings from Argentina