Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This and That

The last six weeks have been very busy at our house.  I flew down to Florida for a week last month to spend some time with my parents and husband's parents.  We had a really great time.  Mom and I hit up all the quilt shops in the Tampa/Zephyrhills area.  I haven't found a quilt shop that I didn't like.



Above are the parents that I've been blessed with.  Thanks for letting me come and visit.  I had a great time!



We also went to Tarpon Springs shopping and I bought a Greek dress!
Lois and I also went to an antique shop and had a great time.
  Jenny, my sister, and I have been playing phone tag, email tag, and airplane tag all winter.  When I flew down to Florida, I seen her at the airport coming home from Florida and I flew the same airplane back down to Florida.  I'm sure glad that we spent time together at the Chicago Quilt Show--thanks Jenny.


All good things come to an end.  I came back home and helped my husband remodel our bath room.
We took out our old bathtub and put in a new one with a new tub surround.  We actually had a good time doing it.  It also showed us that you can do something when you put your mind to it.




 The tube is in and we did it all by ourselves!
 
 
 
The bathroom is now almost finished except for a wallpaper border and some trim.










I even tiled a back splash for something different.  I'd like to do another tiling project--maybe something with a quilt block.  Spring is in the air and now it's time to get to work outdoors with our farming projects.




I just have to share my Mom's One Block Wonder quilt.
Enjoy!!! 






Happy Quilting

Kay Lynne

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congratulations on finishing the bathroom remodel. It really looks great! Especially the tiling. The pattern really sets off the new faucet. Also love your mom's quilt. The pattern must be a "wonder" because I can't seem to figure out how it's put together. LOL!