Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chicago International Quilt Show

I enjoyed two wonderful days with my sister, mom, and aunt at the International Quilt Show.  I took lots of digital pictures, which I love looking at later and sharing with friends that couldn't come.  My sister and I even enjoyed a class together at the "Make It University".  We made a domino necklace together.  Thank you Jenny for talking me into doing something fun!

 


There were so many amazing quilts that I've seen, but one that stuck out in my mind is the beautiful quilt with a bridge.  The quilt is named "Crossover".  This beauty was made by Cookie Warner. 






Doesn't this quilt make you feel that like you're there!  I picked this picture to share because it reminds me of our quiet little farm where my husband and I have raised our family and have made many wonderful memories.  Many thanks to the quilters, vendors, and organizers for putting on a great show inspiring us to give more of ourselves.  I found many new inspirations and new products to try.  Here is a sampling of purchases that I've made.  I've been mostly a traditional quilter for the last 28 years and now I want to try out some new things.  A special thanks to all the vendors that loves quilting as much as I do and freely sharing information on new products that make us quilters more creative.




We also found that all good things change.  Next year the quilt show will be at Cincinnati, Ohio.  So goodbye Chicago--we love you!!!  Cincinnati--we will be looking forward to next year.

Happy Quilting

Kay Lynne

1 comment:

Sandra said...

So glad you had a good time! I'll be anxious to see all the treasures you brought home...and Cincinnati next year? Awesome!