Monday, May 14, 2012

Sauder's Museum Quilt Show & Happy Belated Mother's Day



 The pictures above do not do justice to the beautiful hand quilted quilt nor the sweetest lady that I ever met at a quilt show.  Her name is Velma Camp.  She won the "Best of Show" and "People's Choice" award!  Congratulations Velma!



This is my sister, Jenny, in front of her "One Block Wonder" quilt.  Notice the third place pink ribbon in the picture below.  I have many fond memories of helping teach Jenny how to sew.  She is nine years younger than I am.  Congratulations Sis on a beautiful quilt.



This is my first Judge's Choice award!  Mom had talked me into entering a few quilts and to my surprise all of them came home with a ribbon.  It's fun to win a ribbon, but I quilt for charity, friends, and family.  I love quilting because I have made so many friends through quilting.  You can see more winning quilts at:  http://www.saudervillage.com/Creativity/quiltshow_winners.asp
The quilts that are not listed are winners to!
"If someone has love in their heart and wants to make a quilt for someone special--it's always a perfect quilt!"
 

My Mom and I had the opportunity to go to the quilt winner's banquet and I won a fabric bundle for next year's quilt challenge.  The challenge is called "Veiled in Mystery".  I bought some more fabric to go along with the challenge.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  It will be a mystery until next year's quilt show :)  


Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Thank you for everything you've done for us!

Happy Quilting!

Kay Lynne

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Yay! Congrats on your ribbons, both you and your sister!