Saturday, September 24, 2011

Locking Myself Out & A Special Wedding Cake

This week has been different.  Last Monday I locked myself out of our house and it was a rainy day.  There was one window that was unlocked, but it was 5 feet off the ground and very small.  My dear husband had left a latter outside and I used it.  To make a long story short I fit myself through a 9" by 24" hole going in head first--I know that was stupid, but I didn't want to spend my day outside in the rain.  There are coat hooks that are below the windows and I grabbed one with my right hand because I didn't want to hurt myself.  I landed on top of a pile of my husband's work jackets.  I have a few bruises, but overall I'm just fine.  Dean didn't like what I did and we now have an extra hidden key.  The next day the lawnmower decided that it wanted a new starter and just had to quit when I was mowing--oh well.  
I think I better stick to quilting!

 I did make friends with little guy that was hanging around my porch while watching it rain.
He listened to me talk and even let me take a picture of him. 


 Here is a wedding cake that I created at the bakery.
We set it up at the hall and I finished decorating it.


This is the groom's cake with yummy chocolate icing.


This was one wedding cake that I even was able eat a piece of cake!  It was for one of my friend's daughter. 
 Their wedding gift is a thread painted bluebird wall hanging
Wishing Christy and Frank a long and happy marriage!

I did go to quilt club this week and enjoyed all my quilting friends and enjoyed all their show and tells.
Hopefully, I will be able to go to more quilt club meetings this winter.

Happy Quilting!

Kay Lynne

4 comments:

Gra said...

You could have hurt really bad!! You were lucky after all.
I love the wedding cakes! You did a great job!
Enjoy your sunday and have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

onh noo not a good thing to do,get locked out,you are lucky you fitted through the window as i would've got stuck,lol,great cakes

Carol said...

LOL, Kay. You can laugh about it now, but it wasn't too funny at the time. I locked myself out but live on the 2nd floor and had to wake my stepson up (1st floor tenant) to let me in! Glad you weren't hurt too much.

You have such a flair for decorating! Nice you could get a taste of one of the cakes. Congrats to your friends.

Carol (NJ)

Sandra said...

I think we've all been locked out at one time or another. Glad to hear you were able to make it safely back inside the house.

Beautiful job on those cakes! Yum!