Sunday, April 5, 2015

Butterfly Wall Hanging: Finished!


I finally finished my butterfly thread painting project!
The design was all mine and the butterflies were free motioned embroidered.
Now I'm working on a new project that I will share in my next post.
 

 People that don't sew don't understand why I sew.
It's cheap therapy and it makes me happy to do something special for someone else.
My sister has the sign above hanging in her sewing room.


Have you ever wound a bobbin and it looked like this?
My suggestion is to rewind your bobbin.
A bobbin that is not wound properly will give you very poor stitch quality and a lot of frustration.
If you still are having stitch issues, try a different bobbin.
A metal bobbin can be slightly bent causing many issues.  
I throw bent bobbins away so I don't accidentally use them again.

Happy Easter!
&
Happy Quilting!

Kay Lynne

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your butterflies turned out beautifully. Great finish.

James Blanc said...

Butterfly Wall Hanging looks attractive. I'm a fan of Art features because I always decorate my cabinet with some pictures or figures. My colleague at Writers Per Hour was delighted by your work.

www.essaykings.co.uk said...

Amazing butterflies! Very beautiful work!

Judy Hartman said...

I just came across your blog. This wall hanging is lovely and your thread paintings are beautiful!