Monday, April 15, 2013

A Tennessee Weekend

Last weekend Dean and I decided to visit family in Nashville, Tennessee.
We came a little early so I conveniently had an address of a quilt shop in Mt. Juliet that I wanted to visit.
I had even called the day before to make sure of the store hours.


The Quilter's Path is a beautiful quilt shop with a lot of quilt inspiration everywhere you look.


The shop owner and I became quilting friends in the short time I was there.

The ladies were sewing in an open class room in the back of the shop and quickly invited me to see all the quilting projects they were working on.
The fabrics that I had seen had my mind dancing with all kinds of ideas.
I just love this beautiful double wedding ring quilt pictured below.

 If you are visiting Nashville, The Quilter's Path is one quilt shop you won't want to miss!



We learned a little history when we visited President Andrew Jackson's home.


It was nice to get away for a weekend before we start spring planting.


We had some playtime with Ava and Jack.



We played cards, jumped on the trampoline, and had fun visiting.
I don't want to forget to tell you that we also had a wonderful visit with the adults!

It was nice to take a break away and enjoy family.


We also took a day and visited the Biltmore Estate.
When I was a little girl and dreamed of castles, this was exactly what was in my imagination.
The art, gardens, attics, winery, and library are worth the trip to see.
I saw quilting designs everywhere I looked so I bought a picture book to put on my coffee table for inspiration.

Happy Quilting!

Kay Lynne

P.S. This weekend I am at the International Quilt Show in Cincinnati, Ohio :)


 

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was a fun visit. Someday I would love to visit the Biltmore. I've seen so much about it on television.

Great looking quilt shop. That DWR is really gorgeous.

Carol said...

Hi Kay, glad you were able to go visit family before the busy summer months. I went to college not far from Asheville but never visited the Estate. Some day..