Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Spring Table Runner, I'm A One World One Heart Winner, & Our Wheat Field



I am in the mood for spring!  Since the flowers are not close to blooming, I'm working on a table runner.



I broke down and bought a Sizzix Big Shot cutter.  When I first seen them on the market, I told myself I would not buy one!  The dies were on sale at Nancy's Notions and I found the cutter for a great price on Ebay.


So I've been experimenting with my Big Shot, which got me experimenting with my Cricut paper cutter.  The Cricut does just an okay job cutting fabric.  I'm just in the experimental stages.  The flowers on my spring table runner are the results of my Cricut cutter and the leaves are from the Big Shot.

I'm also a winner from the One World One Heart.  Jody from Tumbleweed Trails sent me some really neat stuff pictured below.





Jody I want to thank you for having such a wonderful  giveaway.  My smiling bee will be hanging around my sewing room!

When it warms up too fast on our farm and there's a lot of snow on the ground with some rain, we have some flooding.  It's not the dangerous flash type flooding.  It's the slow creeping type.  We are well blessed because our house is built on the highest spot on the farm and we've never had flood water get in our home or well which is a great blessing.



This week our house has been facing a lake, which is our winter wheat field.  We've had wheat underwater before so it's a wait and see if the water has killed it or not.  This is just a part of our farm that we live with.  Dean may be planting beans in this field this spring--time will tell.


Even though it doesn't look like farmers are doing anything this time of year, there's many things going on.  Paperwork, paying taxes, machine maintenance, field planning, buying seed, selling grain, and hauling grain are some of the things that are going on at our farm this time of year.   I'm looking forward to warmer weather!

Happy Quilting!

Kay Lynne 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hello Kay, your table runner is gorgeous... love its beautiful colors... and lovely OWOH prize...
Speaking of which your sweet pot holder arrived here on Friday... it is absolutely gorgeous... your work is so lovely... thank you very much... I have it hanging where I can look at it often :)))

Hugs
Jenny x

Sandra said...

Your die cut blocks will make a pretty spring table runner!